Harbor Trinity Preschool is a ministry of Harbor Trinity Church whose core value is to promote and cultivate a love for God and a Christ-centered self-image within the heart of each student. We believe that a proper relationship between family, church, and school is essential to Christian education. That's why we see our ministry as an extension of the home.
- Create an opportunity for Christian growth by teaching children about God and the love Jesus has for each one of us.
- Teach in an atmosphere that will be relaxed and loving with the flexibility to meet the individual needs of the child.
- Provide a safe environment inside and outside that stimulates a child's individual growth by meeting his or her needs and by building important foundations for future academic, physical, emotional and social pursuits.
- Provide a positive approach in building a child's confidence.
- Encourage acceptable social behavior, kindness, and learning to work together for the well being of the class.
Harbor Trinity Preschool provides academic and spiritual growth within a loving and safe classroom environment. The pre-school and pre-kindergarten curriculum's will vary depending on the age range of the students but will include over the coarse of the year the following:
Each week the students will study a different story from the Bible and its practical application. Students will be encouraged to learn a new Bible verse each week and will attend weekly chapel services led by HTP staff where we will worship through Bible songs and prayer. Chapel time is held once a week, alternating every other Thursday and Friday. Favorite Bible stories and songs are used to reinforce these lessons. If you are a parent of an HTP student, you are invited to attend.
The children will participate in songs and rhythmic activity, dancing, creative movement, and finger plays. The classes will also engage in the use of musical instruments and make music together!
Activities will be offered that are designed to strengthen and develop fine motor skills. Students will be encouraged to use the proper grip and use of a pencil to print letters. Students will be given opportunities to use their imagination and create an original piece of art and learn how to properly use scissors, glue and other art materials.
Students will explore the alphabet and numbers. They will also be introduced to counting and sorting with the use of manipulatives (ie: addition and subtraction).
Activities that promote the development of your child’s large motor skills will be planned each week. The class may play a relay game or take turns on the balance beam, etc. Language arts, stories, share time, finger plays and music are incorporated into the curriculum to provide students opportunities for language development.
Each class will explore God’s creation by studying animals, plants, weather, nutrition, and hygiene. Students will also be introduced to new facts about our country, our presidents and the world around us.
"Start children off in the way they should go, and
when they are old they will not turn from it."
- Proverbs 22:6