Harbor Trinity Church began to take shape in 1955 with a small group of Christians who were seeking a church that would remain true to the Bible. Not knowing it at the time, this small group of believers would soon become the charter members of an established church in September of 1955, known as Harbor Trinity Baptist Church. They would hold their regularly worship gatherings at a building at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa, CA.
Taking one step of faith after another, Harbor Trinity continued to grow over the years. Members dreamed of a permanent home where they could worship, fellowship, and reach the community of Costa Mesa. Their prayers were soon answered when the Lord provided three plus acres of land on the corner of Fairview and Baker and they still gather there to this day.
As Costa Mesa and the surrounding communities began to grow and develop Harbor Trinity was experiencing its own growing pains. To better reach the people in the community HTC broke ground yet again and constructed a two story educational wing. This allowed them to create more classrooms for Sunday school, weekly gatherings, and meeting spaces for Bible Study Fellowship (BSF). It would also later serve as a primary place to institute both a successful AWANA program and a thriving private Christian preschool in the late 80's.
Through the years, Harbor Trinity has touched and influenced many people's lives both locally and abroad. HTC has supported many missionaries and organizations since its inception in 1955 and will continue to advance the Good News of Jesus Christ as the Lord leads. [Read more...] As Harbor Trinity looks ahead to an ever changing world, it will continue its mission - to help people find and follow Jesus - and will always stand behind the infallible inerrant Word of God. May the Lord glorify Himself through His people at Harbor Trinity Church.