Q: How long is the service?
- A: Our services usually last about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Service starts at 10a and ends roughly around 11:15a.
Q: How big is Harbor Trinity Church?
- A: On any given weekend we average about 150 in our worship services, which does not taking into account our children’s program (approximately 70), and youth ministries (approximately 20).
Q: How do most people dress for Sunday mornings?
- A: We encourage you to come just as you are. A majority of people here dress casually (shorts, sandals, etc) while a few may dress semi-formal.
Q: What is the worship style like?
- A: Each worship service provides contemporary music that include guitars, piano, keyboard, percussion, and drums. Although the style of music may be contemporary, our genre of songs will include hymns, praise, and current new songs. One’s expression of worship might differ from others, but the heart of worship and Whom we worship is central here at HTC.
Q: What kind of things do you do in your worship service?
- A: We strive to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere at Harbor Trinity Church. We greet each other so everyone feels welcomed; we share in announcements; we worship God through song; we pray; we read and learn through God’s Word. [Read more...]
Q: How often do you take communion on Sunday mornings?
- A: We take communion the first Sunday of every month.
Q: What does your church believe?
- A: Click link to see our statements of belief. [Read more...]
Q: What is your church’s mission statement?
- A: Simply put, we are committed to God and committed to making God known to the world. Our mission - to raise up mature disciples who intentionally help people find and follow Jesus. [Read more...]
Q: What do you offer for children on Sunday morning?
- A: Sunday school classes are offered for children of all ages. Each class might typically provide a craft, opportunity to sing songs, play a game, and/or have an age appropriate lesson from God’s Word. [Read more...]
Q: Can I bring my infant child into the worship service?
- A: Yes. However, we do make available to you a nursery and a special cry room and encourage you to take advantage of these services. The cry room, is directly adjacent to the main sanctuary and is a place where you, the parent and infant, can listen and watch the service in a sound protected room. Our cry room is equipped with changing tables, wet wipes, and rockers for feeding.
Q: Does your church have people from different racial groups?
- A: Yes. All are welcome. We also have a Hispanic worship service that meets at 10a in our Chapel.
Q: Does your church have people from all different age groups?
- A: Yes. All ages are represented.
Q: What Bible translation do you use?
- A: We may refer to many different Bible translations, but the one we most commonly use is the English Standard Version (ESV).
Q: What kind of outreach is the church involved in?
- A: Harbor Trinity is active in a variety of outreach ministries, both here in Costa Mesa and around the world. One of the major local outreach activities is with MIKA, a Christian organization sponsored by local churches to meet the needs of our city. This new partnership is an exciting opportunity for us to use our church campus, resources, and volunteers to help meet the needs of people living in our community. We also participate with other organizations and have created ministries embedded within HTC to reach out to people in our community. Finally we support many missionaries right here in SoCal as well as all over the world that range as far as Uganda, Cameroon, Japan, and Romania. [Read more...]