Q: What payment methods can I use to give online?
A: We accept Bank Account Transfers as well as Credit Cards for certain transactions. The following are the forms of payment we accept:
- Tithing = Bank Account Transfers only
- Events or Donations (to specific funds) = Credit Cards or Bank Account Transfers
Q: Why can’t I use my Credit Cards for Tithing?
A: There are multiple reasons why Harbor Trinity Church does not allow Credit Cards to be used for tithing.
- HTC does not want to encourage the use of Credit Cards for tithing because we do not want to provide an opportunity for people to incur debt through giving.
- Also, because transaction fees are much higher with Credit Cards, using them would not make the most of your tithe. Of course, Checks are always accepted and can be placed in the offering box inside the sanctuary.
Q: What is the benefit of giving online?
A: There are several reasons why online giving might be right for you.
- One simple reason is that it helps you remember to give. Setting up a recurring monthly transaction removes any problem of forgetting the checkbook or losing a check.
- Another good reason for online giving, is that it helps encourage consistent giving. If for example, you decide at the beginning of the year that you want to commit to giving a certain amount to the church, setting up a recurring transaction will help you carry through on that commitment.
- Online giving also saves time. The online giving form is extremely easy to fill out. If you set up a recurring transaction, then you set it up once and let the system do the work for you the rest of the year.
Q: Can I set up a recurring/ongoing donation?
A: Yes. You can set a recurring schedule of Weekly, every Two Weeks, or Monthly, and you can set an End Date for the transactions. You can also choose to make a One-Time donation.
Q: Is my donation to Harbor Trinity Church tax-deductible?
A: Only tithes or specific donations to Harbor Trinity Church are tax deductible. HTC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Payment for activities or events such as a Men’s Retreat or payment for Hume Lake Christian Camp is not considered a donation. However, donations to a designated scholarship fund such as the Youth Ministry Scholarship or Men’s Ministry Scholarship is considered tax-deductible.
Q: How will I receive documentation stating that my gift is tax-deductible?
A: Every time a transaction occurs, you will receive an email that you can print off. This email will serve as your giving statement.
Q: Are there any hidden fees for me if I give online?
A: No. Other than your donation amount, there are no additional fees or costs for you to give online. In other words, the amount you select to give will be the amount transferred from your Bank Account or charged from your Credit Card. There are certain fees that Harbor Trinity Church incurs to process your online donation, but we do not pass these fees on to you nor deduct them from your donation amount.
Q: How exactly does HTC’s online giving work?
A: Our website is through a company called Clover. They set it up so that we can take donations directly though our website. Clover works with a company called BluePay, which is the company that handles all of the processing of donations and makes sure the money goes from your account to the church account. But for you, all it entails is filling out a very simple giving form.
Q: Is online giving secure? Is my information kept private?
A: Yes. All of the information that you enter into the online donation form is secured by SSL encryption. This means that all of the confidential data you enter is encrypted and then transmitted between your web browser and the payment processing server. Clover Sites, our website provider, and BluePay, all take data security very seriously and have put measures in place to protect your confidential data. Additionally, neither Harbor Trinity Church, Clover, nor BluePay will sell, rent, or share any of your personal information to any third-party.
Q: Is my online payment refundable?
A: Yes and No.
- Tithes and Donations submitted through Harbor Trinity’s online giving site are non-refundable.
- Payment for events are refundable in most cases. If you are desiring a refund, please contact the church office directly at 714-556-7787.
For any further questions related to online giving or for tithes and offerings for that matter,
please contact us at the church office. We'd be more than happy to assist you.